Here is a post specifically for Twitter users in Nepal. As Twitter continues to gain popularity and new users join this social media platform, it starts with how to use it and whom to follow. Below is a result of little ‘experiment’ I did with some Twitter Tools in order to get popular Twitter accounts in Nepal which might be worth following if you are new to Twitter.
What is this?
This is a list of popular Twitter user accounts from Nepal.
How are the Twitter users chosen?
Though popularity is subjective, I have tired to select users based on following:
- Followers higher than 1000. Just to keep user number limited – else the list would be very long. Doesn’t mean less than 1000 users are less popular though!
- Active Twitter account. At least something tweeted this month.
- Followers/friend ratio equals or higher than 1. Following hundreds of thousands could get you more followers but doesn’t make much sense to me.
- User is a Nepali, or expats in Nepal who tweets about Nepal too, or Nepali living abroad. Just trying to limit for Nepal here. Surely can be applicable elsewhere as well.
- The users are chosen from my Twitter list from Nepal here
- (Note: Many accounts are news sites rather than users as well which are included as they are useful anyway. Some others may not Tweet much about Nepal but are included as they are from Nepal. Some commercial organizational Twitter accounts and over automated users have been avoided from the list for the sake of unadulterated community. Again these are bit subjective and you can come up with your own list too!)
- Mostly SocialBro extension for Chrome.
- Some Excel work as Twitter API is kinda limited these days.
- Wordle.net to create Twitter cloud image above.
- Good ole’ Google.
- Some secret sauce!
How is it useful anyway?
- Hope you can find interesting people on the list.
- There are some news site Twitter accounts as well. So might be useful to keep up to date with news?
- I am also hopeful that this list can be used as user suggestion tool when somebody first registers a Twitter account. Since Twitter primarily selects users based on popularity, having some Nepali people when someone first registers is a good idea. Otherwise new users will be suggested to follow international celebrities only. You too can help suggest who to follow (and also in Twitter Translation) here at http://translate.twttr.com/suggested_candidates
Popular Twitter Accounts in Nepal (in random order)
Got suggestions? Add to comments below.